Are you looking for a sweet treat that’s delicious and super simple to make? You’re going to love this easy nut brittle recipe.
This easy brittle recipe made with mixed nuts perfectly blends crunchy, sweet, and nutty textures and flavors. And the best part is that you can whip it up with ingredients likely already in your pantry.
So use this nut brittle drizzled with chocolate when you have leftover nuts or chocolate chips and need help with what to do with them. For example, if you made our cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies recipe, melt the last of the chips for a white chocolate-dipped nut brittle.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Nut Brittle Recipe
This recipe is a crowd-pleaser for several reasons.
First off, it’s incredibly easy to make. You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients.
Plus, it’s a great way to use the odds and ends of mixed salted nuts and chocolate chips from other holiday recipes. And if you’re into saving a penny or two, this recipe is cost-effective. So it’s a sweet treat that’s friendly on your wallet, too.
Want a printable version of this recipe? Scroll down to the bottom! ⬇️
Ingredients You Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe. And if you like brittle or bark recipes, you may also want to try our almond bark recipe. So good.
- Spray Butter: For greasing the baking sheet, ensuring your brittle doesn’t stick.
- Sugar (2 cups): The base of your brittle, providing that sweet, caramelized flavor.
- Light Corn Syrup (½ cup): Helps create a smooth texture and prevents crystallization.
- Water (½ cup)
- Unsalted butter, cubed (8 tablespoons)
- Baking Soda (½ teaspoon)
- Salted Mixed Nuts (1 ½ cups)
- *Milk Chocolate Chips or Semisweet Chocolate Chips (1 cup, optional) For a chocolatey twist.
- *Coconut Oil (¼ teaspoon, optional): Helps in smoothing out the melted chocolate.
How to Make Mixed Nut Brittle with Corn Syrup
Make this recipe without needing an oven. That’s right, this is a no-bake holiday recipe that you can make with just a hot plate.
To prepare the cookie sheet, line the baking sheet with foil. Spray it with butter to prevent sticking.
Combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Mix sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir them together well.
Next, you’ll boil the mixture. Heat it over medium heat until it boils. Let it cook for about five minutes.
After removing the saucepan from the heat, quickly add baking soda and butter. Stir to melt the butter completely.
Then, you’ll need to stir the mixed nuts to evenly distribute them thoroughly.
Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly to set and cool your mixed nut brittle. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
Now, you can slice and enjoy your homemade salted mixed nut brittle. Once cooled, slice into bars and serve as is. Optionally melt chocolate chips with coconut oil. Then dip or drizzle over the candy and let it set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about this mixed nut brittle recipe? Here are some answers.
How Do I Store the Brittle?
To keep your nut brittle fresh and crunchy, store it in an airtight container at room temperature. It should stay good for up to two weeks. If you’ve added chocolate, be sure to keep it away from heat or sunlight to prevent melting.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Corn Syrup?
Yes, you can substitute the corn syrup with honey or maple syrup. These alternatives work well but alter the flavor and color of the brittle.
Any Tips for Slicing Nut Candy Brittle?
The key to slicing brittle without breaking into random pieces is to score it while it’s still warm. Once it has cooled but is still pliable, use a sharp knife to score lines where you want to break it gently. Once it’s completely cooled, it should snap easily along these lines.
Make this easy no no-bake nut brittle recipe today
This easy nut brittle recipe is more than a treat to your taste buds. It’s also a frugal and fun way to use up leftovers. It’s simple, economical, and delightfully delicious. Give it a try, and you might just find yourself making it more often than you’d expect.
Like this recipe? Save it for later!
- Spray butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips + ¼ teaspoon coconut oil - optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with butter.
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and quickly add baking soda and butter cubes, stirring until butter is melted.
- Stir in the mixed salted nuts.
- Pour evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and spread quickly with a rubber spatula.
- Let the mixed nuts brittle sit at room temperature until completely cooled and set.
- Slice into bars or break into pieces.
- Serve as is, or melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil and stir until smooth.
- Alternatively, dip the corners of some of the candy, drizzle the chocolate on some of the sweet, and leave some pieces plain
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
This makes a great gift at the holidays.
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 1g